July 5, 2021 Update:
Provincial health authorities have started to relax Covid-19 restrictions. Despite this, we will continue to follow the established protocols Weldco put in place until (at minimum) September 3, 2021. This includes the wearing of masks within the workplace, completing the pre-work health screening questionnaire, limiting gatherings, and maintaining social distancing where possible.
As we start to welcome back more administrative team members into the office environment, we are committed to minimizing the potential risk of a Covid-19 infection. We prefer to err of the side of caution over the next couple of months rather than take any unnecessary risks.
Optimism is growing that a return to “normal” is very close. As an organization we have adapted extremely well to the disruptions of the pandemic. We have embraced some new best practices that will likely get adopted as our new go forward standard operating procedure. These will be formalized over the next few weeks before being implemented.
Once again, thank you for your commitment to keep yourself and our staff safe.
March 20, 2020 Update:
To our Valued Dealers and Partners,
We, like you, are quickly adapting to the changing pandemic environment. During this time we are committed to communicating regularly with you the actions we are taking to respond.
The current effort to flatten the infection curve to minimize the impact on our healthcare system is critical. We all play a role in this, and we are taking it very seriously.
To this end, Weldco has implemented the following steps to ensure the well-being of those we work with:
- We implemented a return to work policy for all employees who travelled outside of Canada that requires self-isolate for 14 days.
- Employees are to stay home if they experience any sign of illness.
- Social distancing practices are implemented in the office, shop and common areas.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of our workplace is being conducted.
- Visitor screening protocols is being enforced.
- Our Outside Account Managers are not visiting our customers in person, but are committed to support them by phone, e-mail, text or video conference.
- Office and admin staff able to work remote have been deployed to work from home.
All our Weldco-Beales Manufacturing facilities are operating at the current time, which includes Edmonton (Alberta), Langley (British Columbia) and Barrie (Ontario). Our Oil Sand repair and refurbishment shop in Fort McKay (Alberta) is also fully operational.
We will pull through this by working together and following the directions mandated by our health experts. Let’s all continue to:
- Practice Social Distancing
- Self-isolate if feeling sick
- Wash hands frequently
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching the face
President, Weldco Companies